Muhammad Usman Islachudin


The amount of consumer demand for large red chili pepper for daily needs that fluctuates has an impact on the size of the large red chili production, which will affect the level of profit that will be received by farmers. This study aims to analyze the amount of costs, revenues, revenues and profits; the factors that affect the profits of red chili pepper farming in Blitar Regency. The basic method of this research is descriptive analytical. The research location is Blitar Regency because it is the largest contributor to the production of red chili pepper in East Java Province. The data used in this study are primary data and secondary data. This study analysis are analysis to determine the amount of revenue, cost, income and profit of red chili pepper farming in Blitar Regency, and multiple liniear regression anlysis. The results of the calculation and analysis of the research data showed that the average total cost of red chili pepper farming was IDR 86,251,145.07 / Ha / Cultivating season, the average income was IDR 223,887,050.36 / Ha / cultivating season, the resulting of income is IDR 168,138,903.48 / Ha / cultivating season and the profit is IDR 137,635,905.31 / Ha / cultivating season. The results of data analysis show that 74.7% profits of red chili pepper farming in Blitar Regency can be explained by all factors in this study the area of land, age of the farmer, the average selling price of chilies, the amount of production, and production costs, while the remaining 25.3% is explained by other factors. The t test shows that the average selling price of chili, the amount of production and production costs partially have a significant effect, while the area of land and age of the individual farmers do not significantly affect the profits of red chili pepper farming in Blitar Regency. The variable that most influences the profits of red chili pepper farming in Blitar Regency is the amount of production factor. Based on the results of this study, land efficiency needs to be improved so that the amount of production increases, input efficiency to optimize production costs, setting the time for planting chilies so that harvest time does not conflict with other areas so that the selling price of chili can be stable or high.

Keywords: Red Chili Pepper, Profits, Farming, Cost

Full Text:



  • There are currently no refbacks.